HP Smart app is a unique and tailor-made application for HP printers and their users. This app allows scanning, printing, and sharing your print jobs anytime with your printer. Save your time and reduce any print job complexity with the HP Smart app. In this article, we will cover end-to-end details of the HP smart app and its Diagnose & Fix features. Read along for more information.
Benefits of HP Smart app
- Manage your HP account straight from the HP Smart app
- Get support and order print supplies from the app itself
- Scan and Print high-quality documents straight from your mobile phone with the HP Smart app
- Tailor-made with one-touch shortcuts
- Fax effortlessly from your mobile
- Upgrade photos and documents with filter and editing features
What about Diagnose & Fix in HP Smart?
Diagnose & Fix is one of the features in the HP smart app that helps to troubleshoot and solve many of the common HP printer issues. Further, HP printer users can scan, print, and fax from their mobile phone with this HP smart app available specifically for windows as well as Mac OS users.
Diagnose and Fix HP printer resolves
- Print Spooler issue
- Print queue errors
- Printer offline issue
- Printer network connection issue
- Printer installation support
- Printer updates
- Printer port mismatch issue
Technical requirements to use HP Smart app
Initially, your HP printer must support the HP Smart app. Then HP Smart app with a version of 100 and the latest for Windows/later for macOS. The compatible device with the OS of
- macOS 10.14 and later
- Windows 10 version 1809 and later
- Windows 11 version 21H2 and later
How to use HP Smart app?
Step 1: Pre-installation requirements of the HP Smart app
- Initially find out your router’s Wi-Fi range.
- Next place the printer and your computer within the router’s range.
- Then make sure you have connected your printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- If your computer is connected to the Ethernet cable, remove them temporarily.
- Prefer a Wi-Fi connection rather than an Ethernet connection.
- Next turn on the Bluetooth settings for the HP smart app to detect your printer during the setup process.
After checking and ensuring the system requirements continue to the next step to download and install
Step 2: Download and Installation of HP Smart app
- First, download the HP smart app from the online store.
- For Mac OS, you can download the app from Mac App Store.
- For windows, you can download the app from the Microsoft store.
- To proceed you must sign in with the Microsoft account.
- If you don’t have an account, you must create an account to continue.
- Creating a personalized HP account can give you access to all your HP printer features.
- Open HP Smart and tap on the Add Printer option then follow the onscreen instruction to complete the setup process.
Step 3: Utilize Diagnose and Fix HP printer feature of the HP Smart app
- Open the HP Smart app on your system
- In the case of Windows, find and click the Diagnose and Fix icon from the bottom left corner
- For Mac, click printers from the top menu bar and choose the diagnose and fix icon
- Then click the Start button
- Next click the plus symbol or the Add printer to find your printer from the HP Smart app
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process
Keep in mind HP Smart app is compatible with most of the wireless HP printers that are manufactured in or after 2010. And if you don’t find your printer name during the setup process, you can close the HP Smart app or restart the printer to solve the issue.
Repair print issues in macOS using the HP Smart app
For macOS users, the HP Smart app’s Diagnose & Fix feature assists with printer queue, printer hardware, and printer offline issue.
- Initially, install the HP Smart app in your system that is connected with your printer
- Open the HP Smart from your computer
- And from the home screen choose the printer name
- Then from the Menu, select the Printers option
- In the list of options, choose Diagnose & Fix icon
- Now from the following page, tap on the Start button
- Wait for the troubleshooting process to get completed
- Next page lists the present issues that your printer is facing along with its solutions
- Then click on the Next button
- Finally, click done to complete the process
We hope we have covered most of the instructions and guidelines to use the HP Smart app and Diagnose and Fix HP printer feature. In case of having doubts and dilemmas regarding the use and working steps, you can contact the HP customer support executives for professional and quick-to-solve solutions.