How to Resolve HP Printer Printing Slow Issue for Windows?
When your HP printer is taking so long to print your documents, it is an indication that your printer’s speed needs to be boosted. Some users even encounter certain error messages such as HP Printer Printing Slow.
Numerous reasons can be responsible for such errors. Outdated print drivers, poor network connection, incorrect printer preferences, and others could be the key reasons that you are facing HP Printer Printing Slow error. Using the printer in high quality can also have a direct impact on its speed.
If you are having the same problems, we are here to provide some helpful tips to fix slow printing issues on HP printers.
Top 6 Methods to Fix HP Printer Printing Slow Error
HP printers often bring errors when printing in bulk. Resetting the printer can help you to resolve such slow speed or printing errors. Other repairing methods such as turning off the Quiet Mode on Windows 10, changing the print quality settings, reinstalling print drivers, and updating the printer firmware can also be tried.
Find out the best fixation methods to resolve HP Printer Printing Slow error.
Fix 1: Disable Quiet Mode
On Windows 10, the Quiet Mode feature helps in reducing the noise levels. However, it affects the print speed. As a result, it shows the HP Printer Printing Slow error message on your screen.
Although the Quiet Mode feature is not available in every printer, you can disable it if you have it in your printer. This might improve the performance of your printer.
To do so, the following steps can be performed:
For HP Smart App Users
- Launch the HP Smart app.
- Select your printer.
- Go to the Advanced Settings.
- Switch to the Settings
- Choose the Quiet Mode feature from the Preferences
- Press the Off
- Then, press Apply.
Important Note: When you are prompted to enter a PIN or password, make sure you enter the same PIN as mentioned on the printer label and the same password that was set by your printer administrator.
For HP Printer Assistant Users
- Look for Windows for the printer.
- Then, choose your printer name from the results. Doing so, the HP Printer Assistant will open.
- From Quiet Mode, choose the Off
- Now, press the Save Setting
This way you can disable the Quiet Mode feature to avoid HP Printer Printing Slow error. After this, you can try using the printer and check its print speed.
Fix 2: Resetting the Printer
Resetting the printer is one of the effective methods to resolve printer failures or errors. If you find an HP printer printing slow error message on your screen, the following steps can be followed to resolve the issue:
Please Note: If you have a printer with a rechargeable battery, you need to remove it first.
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Now, remove the cable from your printer.
- After this, disconnect the cable from the main power source.
- At this moment, you need to wait for a few seconds.
- Later, you can connect the cable to the printer as well as the wall socket.
After executing these steps, you can power on the printer to finish the reset procedure. Now, check if your printer speed is improved. If not, try other repairing methods.
Fix 3: Try Printing with Both Cartridges
The printing speed slows down if you are using your printer with only one cartridge. To avoid slow print speed, you can try using your printer with both cartridges. Please note these steps are specifically for Inkjet printers:
- To get started, open your printer’s cartridge access door. Also, you have to ensure that all the cartridges are installed properly.
- Now, check the ink levels and replace the cartridges if required.
As you replace the empty cartridges and print with two cartridges on Inkjet printers, you will stop facing HP Printer Printing Slow issues.
Fix 4: Change the Print Quality Settings
Reducing the print quality can enhance the performance of the printing. If you have been using printing with high quality, try to reduce it for fast printings. This will help you to avoid HP Printer Printing Slow issue:
- Search for the Printers & Scanners through the Windows search bar.
- Then, select your printer.
- Select Manage Printing Preferences.
- Choose the Paper/ Quality or Paper
- Now, go to the Paper type or Type section and ensure the Plain Paper option is marked.
- Here, you can change the print quality.
- HP Laser Printers: Go to Graphics and select Standard from the Quality
- HP Inkjet & LaserJet Printers: Open the Print Quality section and make sure that the Normal or Draft option is selected.
- Select the OK/Apply button to apply the changes.
Once you adjust the quality of your paper type or prints, you will observe some effective changes as the quality of your prints is reduced. As a result, it will boost the print speed.
Fix 5: Updating Printer Firmware
HP often releases new versions of printer firmware to boost performance. Therefore, updating firmware regularly is important so you don’t encounter HP Printer Printing Slow issues.
Follow these steps to update your printer firmware:
Updating from Your Printer Control Panel
- Many HP printers can directly connect to HP to install updates. However, it is important to make sure that your printer is working with an active internet connection. In case your printer is active using the USB cable then you can use any of the remaining options.
- Now, click the HP ePrint button on your printer.
- Search for the Check for Updates or Product Update
- Alternatively, you can go to the Setup, Service, and Settings
- Choose the Preferences, Printer Maintenance, and Tools
- Choose Web Services, Printer Update, and LaserJet Update.
Installing Updates from HP Smart App
- Download and launch the HP Smart app.
- Sign in to your account or create a new account.
- Add your printer.
- Select the printer image.
- Select Advanced Settings or Printer Home Page (EWS).
- Go to the Web Services or Tools.
- Tap on Printer Updates.
These steps will help you to download and install the latest updates of firmware versions. With new updates, you will not confront any HP printer printing slow error messages on your screen.
Fix 6: HP Print Driver Reinstallation
HP printer printing slow error messages can also occur when your print drivers are outdated or need to be replaced. By reinstalling your HP printer drivers, you can restore the printing speed.
Go through the following steps to reinstall the print drivers:
- Before getting started, remove the USB cables from your HP printer.
- Now, search for the Add or remove programs through the Windows search bar.
- Click on the name of your HP printer from the available list.
- If found, click right on the name of your printer and select Uninstall.
- In case you don’t find your printer’s name, go to the Printers & Scanners option, choose your printer, and select Remove Device.
- When you see the User Account Control message, select Yes.
- Then, continue following the on-screen instructions.
As you complete these steps, download the print drivers with the latest version from the trusted source. After installing the drivers, you can test the speed of your HP printer.
HP Printer Printing Slow error message can be very annoying especially when you have to print a bunch of documents at once. With some basic methods, you can boost the speed of your printer. All you have to do is to adjust certain settings and make sure the print drivers are up to date.