HP printers often bump into unexpected errors. Some issues persist due to slow printing while some appear because the ink levels are low. Errors can also pop up on your screen when your print drivers are outdated. Fortunately, HP printer troubleshooting methods save you from such errors.
We have curated some helpful methods If you are facing unnecessary errors on your HP printer. These methods include solutions for different errors such as an offline printer issue, slow printing, printer not printing colors, and so on. Continue to read out the complete guide on HP printer troubleshooting methods.
In certain cases, your HP printer may turn offline due to poor network connectivity. Incorrect settings could also be the key reason that your printer is unable to communicate with your system.
If your scanning and printing operations are interrupted due to the offline status of the HP printer, you can troubleshoot this problem immediately.
All you are required to do is to run the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool on your computer. This will not only fix the printer issues but also make the process easy. Get the right guide to fix the HP printer offline error here:
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from the official website of HP.
- As the HPPSdr.exe file is successfully downloaded, open it to run.
- When the tool is launched, hit the Start button.
- Here, choose your HP printer.
- If you cannot detect your printer from the list, click the Retry button.
- On finding any issues, keep following the instructions displayed in the software.
- If prompted, click Yes to enable the printer updates.
- Click Yes when your screen prompts to set your printer as default.
By completing these instructions, you can successfully run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows PC. It will surely rectify the HP printer offline error.
When printing documents through an HP printer, you may get the printout with blurred, faded texts. In addition, the ink might be smeared on some pages. If you are facing such issues, you must be confronting error messages such as HP printer not printing color.
To troubleshoot the print color issue, reinstalling the HP printer will help. Follow the procedure for the same:
- Turn your printer on.
- Make sure you remove the USB for now if you are using it to connect your printer with your computer.
- Then, press the Windows key on your keyboard or click the Windows search bar.
- Search for the Control Panel.
- Switch to the Devices and Printer section.
- Here, you can find your HP printer and click right on it.
- Select the Uninstall or Remove option.
- In case you don’t find your printer from the available options, click the Printers section and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the HP printer.
After you successfully remove the HP printer from your PC, you can continue removing the HP icons showing up on the desktop. Later, you can reinstall the print drivers from a trusted source. Also, make sure the print drivers are compatible with your device. Check if there is any presence of HP printer not printing color error.
HP Printer Troubleshooting for Slow Printing Issue
If your printer is not running efficiently or printing very slowly, you must be facing an HP printer printing slow error message. In this case, you should try resetting your HP printer. This will boost the performance of your printer.
Here are the steps to reset your HP printer with detailed instructions:
- If you have HP with a rechargeable battery, remove it first.
- Then, power on your printer.
- After this, disconnect the cable from both the HP printer and the main power source.
- Once done, wait for about 60 seconds.
- Now, connect the cables to both the printer and the wall socket.
This is how you complete the process of resetting the HP printer. Later, you can turn on your printer and check if your printer is working effectively.
To connect HP Smart to WiFi, one has to download the HP Smart app on a mobile phone or computer. Thereafter, you can continue following the steps to set up the wireless printer on the WiFi network.
- Make sure you keep your mobile phone or computer and printer near your WiFi router.
- Then, enable the WiFi on your mobile or computer to connect to the network. In case your PC is connected to the network with the Ethernet cable, you need to remove the cable temporarily and continue using the WiFi connection while you set up the printer.
- After this, turn on the Bluetooth on your mobile phone or computer. By doing so, your HP Smart app can easily detect your printer during the setup.
If you are installing the HP Smart app on your mobile phone (iOS and Android), make sure you enable the location service. It is important to allow your app to use the location so it can easily detect your printer and provide solutions during the printer setup.
Once done, you can continue following the instructions displayed on your screen to successfully connect hp smart printer to WiFi.
Troubleshoot HP Printer by Making It Default Printer
To troubleshoot HP printer, one of the best suggestions is to make your printer the default one. Most errors get resolved when you set your HP printer as a default printer. If you have not marked your printer as default yet, do it now so you can get rid of printing errors.
- Click the Windows search bar.
- Then, type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Now, click right on the HP printer option.
- Choose Set as default printer option.
As you complete these steps, you will see the green tick below the printer’s icon. This indicates your process has been completed.
Here, we have provided some effective methods to troubleshoot HP printers. Whether your HP printer goes offline or prints your documents slowly, the aforementioned methods will help you to overcome errors.